Thursday, August 6, 2009

Church Secretary

Well, the job is going ok so far. I found out Wednesday that I am actually going ot be the church secretary and am going to have a part time assistant. That may be kind of cool. The lady that I was taking her place left yesterday and she was supposed to stay til Friday. And the girl that is training me was not there today and won't be there tomorrow either. So I had 3 days training and then had it by myself. It wasn'tso bad though. The one that is training me was the one I am actually replacing.
She does home health for her mother and it is too much for her to do the church business too. She will still be my supervisor, and the Pastor's personal secretary, though.
The no personal calls thing is a little bit hard to get used to, but I can text some. Not much and not when there is anyone around, mostly just supposed to text Cindy, the girl training me.So far everyone seems to be pretty nice.
I have the full charge secretary position for the church and it's finances plus the daycare finances. I am definately going to ask for a raise as soon as I think it is safe to. That is way too much work for $7.50 an hour.
No Brandi, they don't go quite so far as electronic confiscation. Not that I know of anyway. LOL
Jason Nadaskay has an appointment with Pastor Jordan next week. I thought that was kind of cool.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR NEW JOB. CONGRATS AGAIN