Friday, July 17, 2009

Hired and fired all in the same day....

Well, I went to my 2nd interview Monday. It went well.
Tuesday I was waiting to hear from the paper and a job I had applied for a month ago called back. This was for a secretary position at a church here in Abilene. I had called them several times and they never did commit to anything so I went on about my job search. Well the lady asked if I could start work this Friday,today. I told them I was waiting for the results of my 2nd interview and I would call her back in about an hour to tell her something. Well I called her back in a hour and had not been able to get hold of the paper. I asked her if I could pray about it that day and let her know something that afternoon and she said she had another number she could call if I didn't take it then because she had to do something that day. I told her that was ok I would pray about it and if she had filled the position by the time I called back then I would understand. So basically what I got from that was I didn't have time to pray about it. Strange from a church.
Anyway, I finally heard from the paper that afternoon and they went with someone else. Bummer. I called the church back and she said she had not filled the position yet and could I start Friday morning at 10 am. Sure can no problem. Yay, a job.
Well come 5:15 that evening I get a call from the church and she said she was sorry to have to call and tell me this but I would not be working there after all. The girl that was going to quit isn't after all.
Now what kind of crap on a cracker is that??
Sooooo..........
.....back to the old job search again.

4 comments:

God's Warrior Bride said...

Hey kiddo don't get discouraged - if she wasn't willing to wait for you to pray about it, how would she feel if you wanted to pray about anything else? Kind of weird for a church. I know that God has the perfect job for you because you deserve the best. Just wait on Him, it will be worth it.

Unknown said...

I AGREE WITH WENDY, DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A VERY GOOD CHURCH TO WORK FOR,. GOD HAS SOMETHING ELSE BETTER FOR YOU IN STORE

Cherryberry said...

Thanks, Y'all.
I am not discouraged. I know He has the perfect plan and the perfect job.

Brandi Wilson said...

How frustrating!
You obviously weren't supposed to work there...that means there's a better place!

Let's pray that new perfect job comes along SOON!

Love you!