Friday, August 3, 2007

If it were only that easy...

Ok now I am going to be hooked on this post thing.

Mason and I had stopped at the Walgreens yesterday morning so I could get change for a $20 because he had to have some money for the rec center where he goes in the summer. When the change came out of the little chute Mason picked it up and I told him he could have it.
Well, when I picked him up yesterday afternoon he pulled the change out of his lunch box and told me "Mom, you're lucky" and I asked him why and he said " Because you got one of these" He held up a wheat penny and I told him what it was and what year it was and so forth. A few minutes later he said "Oh, so we can buy wheat with it?" I told him i guessed that we could and then he asked me "How do we buy wheat" I though about it for a little while and told him I thought maybe we could gather all our wheat pennies and buy wheat stocks.....
Anybody know how to go about doing that?
I mean, if I can get him to start doing little things like that maybe by the time he has a family of his own he will understand how to invest and save and see the fruit of his labor. Could be a good lesson in this...

4 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

Cherry, I'm so excited that you're blogging! This is great! I love that picture of the barn. And, your name Cherryberry is adorable! I'm looking forward to reading about the things going on in your life.

Pamelotta said...

Welcome Cherry! You're going to get addicted for sure! I don't hardly let a day go by that I don't check all my buddies in blogland! Now I have one more to check!

Lydianna Bradford said...

Hi Cherry!! I was so excited to see your blog!

Cherryberry said...

i am getting excited about the whold blog thing myself.
I don't keep in touch with too many of the girls from church on a regular basis and now I can.
Yay!!!